IPHONE XR cannot connect to TP Link WIFI Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-22 12:43:45
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20201112 Rel. 66232

My new TP link wifi range extender is working very well. However, for some odd reason one of our mobile phones (IPHONE XR) cannot connect to the WIFI extender and nor can my SAMSUNG SMART TV. My wireless router ASUS is running the latest firmware, I have tried to power cycle both the wireless router and extender and have not managed to resolve the issue. Appreciate suggestions to resolve the issue. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:IPHONE XR cannot connect to TP Link WIFI Range Extender
2021-05-25 11:44:33

@VDSANTOS Hello, 

RE uses the same wifi password of router after it is being successfully set up. 

If the RE Led/ WiFi Leds are ON on the range extender, but wireless client will not accept the password of router:

• Download tp-link Tether app, double check Range extender's password on Tether app:  
  • https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2541/
  •  Change a different SSID for RE ( different from router's SSID) and reconnect to it use the password showed up on Tether app 
  • Delete Wi-Fi profile/ Forget Wi-Fi on that device and put in Wi-Fi password again (for iphone : go to Settings-- WiFi, click on RE's wifi name and forget this network ) 
  • Make sure that device could connect to main router's wifi with no pronlem.
  • If only one device will not connect to RE's Wi-Fi, please contact corresponding support and reset your Wi-Fi settings on iphone/ TV 

If wireless device still reports an Error when connect to WiFi, please send us a photo of the Error and let us know the Led status on RE, thank you 

Options
2022-02-19 18:38:18
Hi Same problem. I think it’s an iPhone security issue relating to the insecure nature of the connection . Did you get the fix? Cheers M
Options
2022-02-24 08:41:58

Hello  @Gogroomgo 

Here is a summary thread for IOS reporting Weak security concern:

[Solution] iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"
If your model is not listed, or you still experience the same issue, please start a new thread or leave your comment above. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5508

Replies: 3