Deco x20 - configuration device in AP mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-22 19:22:54
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Lastest

Hi,

I wonder if I can configure on deco x20 devices like:

Deco x20 router (first ethernet configured for ISP, second ethernet for connection to second deco x20)

Deco x20 AP ( first ethernet as connection to router deco, second ethernet configured as IPTV).

I try to do same but menu of deco x20 AP web page don`t offer anything..On mobile APP i can setup IPTV only on router device.. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x20 - configuration device in AP mode.
2021-05-24 02:14:48

@Yszty 

Hi, the latest firmware 1.5.x has added IPTV support on satellite Deco units:

Deco X20(EU)_V2_210424

And the detailed configuration needs to be done via Deco APP, not web UI;

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2421/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco x20 - configuration device in AP mode.
2021-05-26 17:56:42 - last edited 2021-05-26 19:23:49

HI,

Thanks for reply.

There is one problem i think:

My router is in the stairwell. I connect the Internet service provider to the first port and I have to configure the second port to IP TV. Then use the cable in the wall to connect to the satellite upstairs. If I do so, unfortunately I will not have an internet connection in AP mode (only ip tv vlan). Can I use any other workaround? Buy another more advanced router with a function that will enable the transmission of two VLANs over one cable to AP deco? I will add that there is only one cable in the wall.

Why can't I choose the port that will be used for IP TV in the app? After setup vlan for internet and iptv, both ports dont give access to interent. When i setup VLAN for interent and for IPTV in my tplink switch everything is working fine.

I made a picture that shows how i fish to have it finally. Configuration like on screen is correct and will work?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 968

Replies: 2

Related Articles