PS4 + ac1200 - NAT Issue when not connected to main deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-23 15:04:17

Hi,

Just recently purchased the AC1200 mesh network. I have connected the main deco via my virgin super hub and have 2 other decos around my house.

I have set them up in router mode and with dynamic IP.

when connecting my PS4 to the network I have noticed I am receiving a NAT type issue (fail) when the PS4 is connected the one of the extenders. When the PS4 connects to the main deco it works fine. I have tried disabling free roam mode but this still doesn't work as when I restart my PS4 there is no guarantee it will connect to my main deco.

I have also tried enabling and disabling UPnP and still having the same issue.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:PS4 + ac1200 - NAT Issue when not connected to main deco
2021-05-23 15:24:19

@Kipper 

If you only bought Decos for WiFi mesh and good WiFi coverage all over the house, reconfigure them to Access Point mode. That should fix double NAT issue your PS4 complains about.

Options
Re:PS4 + ac1200 - NAT Issue when not connected to main deco
2021-05-24 01:52:13

@Kipper 

Hi, Access point on Deco would be a suitable suggestion if the Virgin super hub is on the wireless router mode as well;

But I do have another issue;

Since all three Deco units are on the wireless router, it does not make sense why it is working on the main Deco, not on the satellite Deco units;

Would you please double-check that PS4 would work fine with the main Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 2

Related Articles