X20 will not daisy chain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X20 will not daisy chain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X20 will not daisy chain
X20 will not daisy chain
2021-05-25 22:33:14
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi,

I have my Deco X20 in almost a row of 3 across the house. However, my farthest away deco insists on linking to the main, despite being a long way away and through the walls, this results in having only 1 amber light on the signal on the app. There is a deco x20 clearly in the middle (within line of sight of the farthest one) with a good signal to the main. 

Is there a way I can force it to daisy chain wirelessly to the middle one as I'm having some problems with the signal?

Many thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:X20 will not daisy chain
2021-05-26 02:24:18

@Mac3 

Hi, Have you tried to update to the latest firmware:

Deco X20(EU)_V2_210424

(You might need to log into the web interface of Deco X20 and upload the firmware.)

In case it is not working, could you please help me check the following information so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers:

1. Can I have a picture of the floor map about the Deco system, especially the location and distance between the Deco unit;

2. If putting the 3rd Deco X20 next to the 2nd one, would it link to the 2nd Deco? 

--if yes, after removing it back, would it still link to the 2nd Deco, or back to the main Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:X20 will not daisy chain
2021-05-27 17:36:34

@TP-Link 

Thanks, this seems to have worked for now. I'll keep monitoring it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2012

Replies: 2

Related Articles