Deco M9 plus - adjust DHCP lease time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-26 06:37:56
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel 59387

Hello,

I have a setup of three Deco M9 plus which I am overall happy with. But I have some IoT devices that connect intermittently to the wifi and most of the time are not connected. To improve connection reliability for these devices the manufacturer recommends setting dhcp lease time to 24 hours or more.

It seems currently the DHCP lease time is set to 2 hours. But I can not find out how to adjust it in the Deco app.

Can you please let me know how I can access this setting?

Cheers!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus - adjust DHCP lease time
2021-05-27 11:50:51

@Rubej 

Hi, Since currently, there is no way to adjust the DHCP release time and could you please help me check the following information so that I could consult the engineers to see whether there is any other suggestion:

1. What are the model numbers of your IoT devices?

2. Would turning off the Mesh Technology as well as fast roaming, beamforming on the Deco APP make any difference?

3.How often did they drop connection from Deco, like 5-6 times a day?

4.Would the internet connection restore automatically later?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M9 plus - adjust DHCP lease time
2021-05-28 14:23:27

@Rubej A Simpler solution to your issue will be to use address reservation and assign static ip address to all the devices that are facing this issue. Therefore there will be no DHCP lease issue.

How to configure Address Reservation with Deco? | TP-Link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3252

Replies: 2