M9 connected to Sky Q Mini keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-27 19:48:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

I have disabled the wifi on all my Sky Q boxes and connected each S ky Q to use the M9 as the method in which to connect them to

each other and the internet.

however the M9 keeps disconnecting and it reconnects. The deco app keeps showing the M9 disconnecting.

any reason why it would do?

Options
5 Reply
Re:M9 connected to Sky Q Mini keeps disconnecting
2021-05-28 03:27:56

@RishiDS 

Hi,

Have you tried to connect the main box via cable to the Deco, then connect the mini box to the main box via their own Wi-Fi network, instead of using Deco Wi-Fi?

Options
2021-05-28 04:12:03

@TP-Link my Sky Q Mini is too far to see the Sky Q main box and hence both are connected via a Deco each.

Options
2021-05-28 06:05:59

@RishiDS 

Hi, I checked the first post again and noticed that you said M9 keeps disconnecting and it reconnects.

In the beginning, I thought the Deco was ok and just the sky Q boxes;

So Currently, it is more like that the Deco node itself which is connected to the Sky Q box would drop out, right?

--If yes, would any Deco nodes turn red when they dropped out?

--Was the Sky Q box connected to the specific Deco via Ethernet cable, or Wi-Fi?

And I have seen that there are 5 Deco M9 plus units under your TP-Link ID, can I have a picture of the network map on the web UI?

(If possible, please mark out the problematic node and the relative distance between each unit.)

Have you noticed the dropping frequency of these Deco units and how could they restore the internet connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-28 15:28:57 - last edited 2021-05-28 15:32:07

@RishiDS Yes it is ONLY the kitchen Deco unit that disconnects which in turn means the Sky Q mini box disconnects. The kitchen unt is 20 feet away from the study deco unit. It will roughly disconnect once every 30 mins and recover after 2 or so mins.

Options
2021-05-31 06:30:00 - last edited 2021-05-31 06:31:51

@RishiDS 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Is the sky Q mini box connected via cable to the kitchen Deco or by Wi-Fi?

Would the kitchen Deco turn red, then become green again during this time?

Since I might need to check whether this issue was related to a specific Deco, or any Deco that connected to the Sky mini box, could you please swap the location of the kitchen Deco and living room Deco to see whether the disconnection followed the Deco or the Sky mini box?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 5