Home Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home Network
Home Network
2021-05-28 19:56:50
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in a long bungalow, with black breezeblock, full of stones, inner walls.  My master socket is in my study at one end of the house and the living area at the other.  My BT Master socket is in my study, a hangover from ADSL, dialup in our village was very unreliable.  My PC is connected to my BT SmartHub 1, by ethernet.  For several years, I have  a TP-Link (TL-PA9020P_KIT_V2) powerline connecting my SmartHub to my TV and Sky Q Box, which has worked well.

I have recently bought a ASUS Vivobook 532S. I would now like to setup a powerline network, so that I can use my PC as a sort of 'server', it has 4 hard drives.  As I have had my existing powerline for some years, I replaced it by a TL-WPA8630P Kit.

Currently, my PC can 'see' my laptop and open folders and files but my laptop can only 'see' the BT SmartHub, although thought that I had enabled sharing.  Any help would be most appreciated.  Do I need a router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 0

Related Articles