Isolation groups on home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-23 11:56:42 - last edited 2021-11-01 09:23:59
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm wondering if the Archer VR600 can isolate groups of clients by custom rules.

For example, split the clients (cabled and wifi) into groups:

- Group 1: Can communicate between themselves freely, but no others.
   - Group 2: Total client isolation. Cannot communicate with any other device on the home network.

(Maybe in real scenario there are more groups)

I know which group should be selected for each IP on my local network (and the default is Group 2).

Is there any way to set such rules? If no, is there another router model that supports such feature?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Isolation groups on home network-Solution
2021-10-29 03:18:06 - last edited 2021-11-01 09:23:59

@nrofis 

Hi, Archer VR900, for example, V3 has interface grouping(also called VLAN) and guest network which might help you with the following needs:

Interface Grouping- Group 1: Can communicate between themselves freely, but no others.

Guest network(For wireless devices only ) - Group 2: Total client isolation. Cannot communicate with any other device on the home network.

You could take the following emulator for example:

Interface Grouping is under Advanced>Network

https://emulator.tp-link.com/Archer_VR900(EU)_V3/index.htm

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Isolation groups on home network-Solution
2021-10-29 03:18:06 - last edited 2021-11-01 09:23:59

@nrofis 

Hi, Archer VR900, for example, V3 has interface grouping(also called VLAN) and guest network which might help you with the following needs:

Interface Grouping- Group 1: Can communicate between themselves freely, but no others.

Guest network(For wireless devices only ) - Group 2: Total client isolation. Cannot communicate with any other device on the home network.

You could take the following emulator for example:

Interface Grouping is under Advanced>Network

https://emulator.tp-link.com/Archer_VR900(EU)_V3/index.htm

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Isolation groups on home network
2021-10-30 11:03:27 - last edited 2021-10-30 16:49:59

@TP-Link please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the VLAN can group LAN ports and not specific devices.

BTW, I saw that I have that feature on my VR600 too. :)

Options
Re:Isolation groups on home network
2021-11-01 08:31:42

@nrofis 

Hi, You are right.

All the LAN devices would be in the same group and the interface group is available on Archer VR600 as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 3