NAS access from web

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

NAS access from web

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
NAS access from web
NAS access from web
2021-05-30 12:11:27
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi there, I am a newby on here so sorry if my questions are basic.

I have just set up my new router and now have access to my Synology NAS via the web browser. On my old router I had to add certain inbound rules to allow the access. On the VR2100 I haven't added any such rules. Should I be concerned that there may be lax inbound rules ewt as default? I don't know whether to be happy at the fuss free set up or worried about access to my network from the WAN??

Any advice gratefully received

cheers 

Options
4 Reply
Re:NAS access from web
2021-06-02 03:16:31 - last edited 2021-06-03 03:19:49

@Graceland56 

Usually Synology NAS DSM is accessible via HTTPS protocol on port 5001 with a web browser.

From your local LAN you can access the NAS DSM without configuring any virtual servers (inbound rules ).

If you want to access your NAS DSM from outside your LAN (via WAN Interface) you should setup a virtual server (inbound rule) like this:

Here you can replace the Internal IP: 192.168.1.100 with your NAS LAN IP address.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-02 07:54:22

@Graceland56 

Thanks for the response. So I can access via the browser when within my LAN but if accessing from elsewhere I will need the inbound rules? I'll try out your suggestion thanks

Options
2021-06-02 17:24:38

hi

I've followed that rule set and will confirm if its worked. NAS doesn't appear in the list when you press scan so I typed it in. Is that correct?

cheers

Options
2021-06-02 20:35:56 - last edited 2021-06-03 03:21:18

@Graceland56 

Yes, you can put whatever name you like. When accessing the NAS DSM via WAN port you should use the https://<WAN IP address>:5001

That is if you haven't changed the default Synology NAS DSM port - 5001.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 4

Related Articles