Deco P7 creating a loop.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P7 creating a loop.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P7 creating a loop.
Deco P7 creating a loop.
2021-05-31 08:09:02
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.9

I have three P7 connected in my house configured as access point with wired connection between them.

Everything works fine untl one of the P7 looses it's fixed connection.

Then all three P7 turns red( looses internet connectivity) 

In order to fix this I need to disconnect my Internet router and shut down the P7 devices.

It seems as there is a loop that replicates the internet routers mac address all over the network.

Anyone else have this issue 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco P7 creating a loop.
2021-06-01 03:17:55

@Anders.S 

Hi, May I know the model number of your ISP router?

Can I have a picture of your network diagram from the ISP router to P7?

When you mentioned that 'one of the P7 looses it's fixed connection', does it matter which P7 it is, the main unit or satellite unit?

and the 'fixed connection', I guess you referred to the wired Ethernet connection?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-06-01 06:11:18

@TP-Link 

The router is a Sagemcom F@st 5370e. This router is NOT connected to the WiFi network , only via wired Ethernet

Yes I meant wired Ethernet.

As a matter of fact I only seen this problem with the satellite units but when the problem occurs all three are turning red.

To resolve the issue I have to pull all three LAN connections to the Sagemcom router and wait a few minutes.
When I connect them again everything works fine.

I can easily trigger the problem by pulling one of the Ethernet connection on the satellite and then put it back after one minute

It is only the default gateway that having problem. I have reachablity to the rest of my home network.

I will try to get hold of a hub so I can capture the traffic from the LAN to the router when this happens.

Here is a network diagram

br

Anders

Options
2021-06-09 09:51:23

@Anders.S 

Hi, sorry for the delay and I think you are right;

I used to get the feedback that the D-link switches had some issue when used to create Ethernet backhaul between Decos;

Such as Q4 on the following FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1794/

So if it is, Deco P7 would build up wireless PLC backhaul and Wi-Fi backhaul and could communicate by WI-FI;

Since they are still wired via Ethernet cables, there would be an internet loop;

Options
2021-06-10 07:48:19

@TP-Link 
so is there any config to prevent this?
It can't be that every time I have a link flap or a partial power outage I will get a loop.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 649

Replies: 4