Packet Loss on Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Packet Loss on Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Packet Loss on Deco M4
Packet Loss on Deco M4
2021-05-31 10:13:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Frequent packet loss on the Deco M4. No packet loss when connected directly or connected through another router. Router LED flashes red when packet loss happens

Options
3 Reply
Re:Packet Loss on Deco M4
2021-06-01 03:23:56

@Kuntal17 

Hi, did both Deco M4 units turn red when the packet lost or just the satellite Deco?

How often did this issue repeat within one day?

And how did you restore the internet connection when Deco turned red?

By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider?

'No packet loss when connected directly or connected through another router', the another router is the ISP provided router?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-06-01 07:18:17

@TP-Link 

1. Yes both the Deco M4 units are turning red for a moment. Solid Red.

2. This happens every once every 15 seconds or so. I get packet losses then. On CMD, the results for "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" comes as "Request Timed Out" when this happens. Usually getting 1-3 Request Timed Outs after 8-10 proper ping replies

3. It gets restored automatically. Its just packet losses for 2-3 seconds.

4. I use PMPL broaband

5. No the other router is TP Link 840N.

Note: Decos work fine when used as AP mode with the TP Lin 840N. This issue comes when working in Router mode.

Options
2021-06-01 07:55:05

@Kuntal17 

Thank you very much for the update.

Your case have been forwarded to the senior engineers for further help and please have a check of your email box later.

By the way, could you please do me a favor and save the system log on the web UI and reply to the email;

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 991

Replies: 3

Related Articles