Selecting channel/possible legal implications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-02 08:28:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am running a combination of Deco X60 and Deco M9/5 in my home. I noticed that there is no way to configure the WiFi channel and according to other posts in this forum it is not planned to include that feature in any future firmware version.

This is a problem! For example: Last time I ran my network optimization, the Deco decided to change it's channel to 13. Which is perfectly legal here in Japan where I live. Unfortunately, since it is illegal to use channel 13 in the USA, all my USA devices now refuse to connect to the network and there is _nothing_ I can do except adding another router on another channel to my network - which makes the whole mesh-concept obsolete...

Also, if I were to move to the US and take my devices with me, I couldn't configure them to allow a law complient usage there...

-> Please at least include a feature to blacklist certain channels, so that we can make devices from other regions work...

Options
6 Reply
Re:Selecting channel/possible legal implications
2021-06-03 06:13:48

@ksh_osaka 

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently, it is not allowed to manually change the wireless channel;

The later firmware upgrade would allow network optimization to avoid using channel 12 and 13;

At this moment, if you click network optimization or restart the Deco, would Deco change to a different channel?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-03 06:40:31

@TP-Link 
Thanks for getting back to me!
Unfortunately it seems to be quite proud of the traffic-free channel it found and wants to stay there at all costs...
When I try to run the network optimization again, it starts with a short check and than says "Everything is perfect" (this is not the exact message, since my app is set to German - I am translating the reply).

Options
2021-06-09 11:26:50

@ksh_osaka 

Hi, have you seen the private message that I have sent to you, and were you still have the same issue?

If yes, May I know what are the US version devices that failed to connect the Deco, and May I have their model numbers? 

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-09 11:33:23

@TP-Link I have not! Somehow I didn't receive a mail notification about the private message. I just answered! Thanks again!

Options
2021-06-10 02:36:09

@ksh_osaka 

Thanks for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-25 04:23:14

We badly need this ability: To set Channel, and to set Bandwidth as well.

Just like my case, my neighbor/brother was transmitting using Channel 9 at full 40MHz.
It is not a problem as DECO uses Channel 3 or sometimes 4.

However, one day, my neighbor occupied Channel 6 at full 40MHz bandwidth and it consumes channels 3 to 9.

I could not use 2.5GHz without sporadic disconnect.

My solutions:

1. ask my neighbor to not use Channel 6

2. sue my neighbor

3. dont use DECO

Fortunately, neighbor is my brother and I was able to fix his router to use Channel 9 at 20MHz...

But what if another neighbor uses another channel?

WE NEED the ability to set channel and bandwidth!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 589

Replies: 6