Deco X20 Slow speed on Satellite Nodes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-02 09:52:43
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Ver. 1.0.6 Build 20210424 Rel 55515

Hi,

Bought a Deco X20 with 3 nodes. Installation was seamless with the Deco app.Following are my observations/issues noticed:

1.  The speed on the main Deco is good. I am getting a speed of 240-270 Mbps. It is the same speed that I was getting on the router provided by my ISP. I am on a 300 Mbps plan

2. The speed on the two nodes is less than half of the main deco. I am getting a speed of 60 - 100 Mbps. I was getting this speed with my ISP provided Nokia router itself.

3. My ISP is Airtel Fiber and I have connected the main Deco unit to the LAN output of the Nokia router provided by my ISP. I have disabled WLAN on the Nokia router

3. The other 2 Deco nodes are connected wirelessly to the main Deco unit

4. The main deco is placed in my living room and the 2 nodes are placed in 2 of the bedrooms. The layout of the decos is in a triangle form with hardly any walls in between.

Queries:

1. Does the speed drop drastically on the nodes when connected wirelessly? If so, to what extent?

2. Given the fact that I am on the latest firmware, are there any other tweeks in the settings that I can do to improve the speed on the nodes?

Appreciate if any of you can help resolve the speed issue on my Deco X20 nodes.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Slow speed on Satellite Nodes
2021-06-03 06:02:37

@mvenkat 

Hi, 

Have you checked the signal source on the two satellite Deco X20? Are they all from the main Deco?

---If possible, can I have two pictures of the signal source strengthen from the satellite Deco units?

And how far away from the main Deco to each satellite Deco unit?

Could you please do me a favor and test the Ethernet connection speed from the satellite Deco units?

--please also check the link speed as well:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2899/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco X20 Slow speed on Satellite Nodes
2021-06-03 09:57:36

@TP-Link 

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Following are the details requested by you:

1. The signal source of the two satellite Deco nodes is from the main Deco unit. Pics attached.

2. Both the satellite Deco nodes are around 9 mtrs from the main Deco unit.

3. I have done both Ethernet connection speed and wireless speed test on the main Deco unit as well as both the satellite deco units and following are the results. Pics also attached.

Main Deco Unit:

Wired Speed:     244.06 Mbps Download and 132.93 Upload

Wireless Speed: 243.77 Mbps Download and 245.35 Upload

Satellite Deco Unit 01:

Wired Speed:     231.46 Mbps Download and 140.93 Upload

Wireless Speed: 205.12 Mbps Download and 139.01 Upload

Satellite Deco Unit 02:

Wired Speed:     229.18 Mbps Download and 222.57 Upload

Wireless Speed: 170.91 Mbps Download and 136.83 Upload

Link Speed: 1.0 Gbps

Please note that, this is the first time that I am got the kind of speeds mentioned above. I haven't got these speeds in the past 4 days after I installed the Deco X20. The speeds were never consistent. Not sure if these speeds will be retained. Also, please note that all the wireless speed were measured with the device right next to the Deco unit. As we move away from the Deco unit the speed drops drastically.  Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1023

Replies: 2