Range extender gets frequently disconnected. when connected via cable mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-02 11:59:35
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 200923

Hi, My tp link range extender TL-WA850RE(EU) V6 is connected via cat5 cable to my main router. The wifi of my extender frequently gets disconnected and reconnects even after the firmware update with the firmware version 200923. This does not happen when the extender is connected via wireless mode.

Kindly do provide approriate solution so that it does not get disconnected automatically and frequently.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range extender gets frequently disconnected. when connected via cable mode.
2021-06-08 10:46:47 - last edited 2021-06-08 10:47:26

@SgrF Good day, 

May I know did you turn RE into Access Point mode when connect RE to router via Ethernet cable? If not,  please refer to this instruction to set up Access Point for RE:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1401/

Please wire a computer to router directly and check do you have stable Internet connection from router via the same Cat5 cable?

Change a different cable between router & RE and RE and see if that helps.

If still the same issue, may I know the IP address of RE's wifi when issue happens & model of main router? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 1