AX5700 Node Keep Dropping Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-03 15:25:50
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Yesterday I setup the Costco AX5700 2 pack.

I'm on ATT Gigabit fiber service with Arris BGW210-700 modem. I turned on IP Passthrough and turned off wifi.

Both primary and node are on wired backhaul after updating to the latest 1.0.5 firmware. The primary router works flawlessly, but the node keep dropping connection. Any ideas what to do? Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX5700 Node Keep Dropping Connection
2021-06-04 09:55:23

@gordec 

Hi, could you please help me check the following information:

1.Would this satellite Deco flash red?

2.How did it restore the internet connection?

3.How about the dropping frequency of the satellite node?

4.Did Deco AX5700 work on the wireless router mode or access point mode?

As for the network topology, is it like?

ISP--<cable>---Arris BGW210-700 modem--<cable>--main Deco AX5700---<cable>2nd AX5700?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-04 13:44:21

@TP-Link 

Hi,

1. The satellite unit will flash red once it loses connection. 

2. Connection doesn't restore unless I remove the satellite or reset it, but then it loses connection if the system is in router mode.

3. The main units always worked. It's only the satellite dropping connection. It happens within 10 minutes of establish connection every time.

4. Both the main and satellite work with wired back haul in access point mode or with the satellite in wireless mess. The connection drops from the satellite only in router mode.

5. The topology goes like this:

Arris modem -> <cable> Main AX5700

-> <cable> Satellite AX5700

My whole house is hardwired. The Arris sits in the garage where all the Ethernet cables all goes to. Both AX5700 units are connected to the Arris modem directly. 

Options
2021-06-04 13:51:31

@gordec 

See this: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

From that document:

In Router mode: Only the main Deco could be connected to your home modem/router. Other satellite Deco units should be connected behind the main one, just as the “Star Network” shows. If not, they may be in a network loop and cause unexpected dropout issues.

Options
2021-06-04 14:01:27

@Alexandre. 

Thanks that makes sense. I think I can make it work that way. I just need to put the main unit in the garage near the Arris modem. Right now access point mode works fine. I'm not using all the router mode features, so it's ok like that. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 4

Related Articles