How to set router as a wireless extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-04 08:09:39
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hello there, i have fibre connection at my home and that router is not strong to cover my entire house, so i have my old router which has no fibre connection port, and want to use it as a wireless extender but iam not able to set it. I tried tp follow the stepa from one of the famous article, even after following step by step it is still not connecting to the internet of my fibre connection. Please help me if anyone knows about it. I also tried to set it up while on technical support call but they were also not able to solve the issue. For reference my router is tp-link archer c6 v3.20. please help me to set it up as a wireless extender

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to set router as a wireless extender
2021-06-04 11:12:25

@TejaSg 

Just to confirm, is the C6 the main router, or it is the extender that you want to connect it to the main fiber connection via Wi-Fi? If this C6 is the extender, verify that the network layout is as below:

Main Fiber modem router)))) (((((C6

What is the model number of that fiber modem? After you configure the WDS settings on the C6, what is the WDS status on its web interface, is it RUN? Please show us the screenshot.

Please also refer to this guide to double check the basic settings on the C6:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Options