Can't set up TP link DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-04 16:07:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This is a reports as I still haven't been able to resolve my issue.

Hope someone can help my set up my TP LINK DDNS. I have limited knowledge so any detailed responses would be highly appreciated.

My Equipment:

ISP: NOW Broadband

Router: NOW TV Hub Two (Manufacturer – Sky, Model – NR801

Deco: M5s

My Set Up:

Deco M5s

Operating mode – router

IPv4 – Dynamic IP

IPv6 – Disabled

NOW TV hub – Wireless Access Point disabled.

DHCP server enabled

One static IP Address for the main Deco m5

I am trying to set up a Dynamic DNS using the Deco Apps inbuilt service that provides a xxxx.tplinkdns.com address.

I have set up and activated this on the deco app. My understanding was that if I enter the address xxxx.tplinkdns.com in a browser from outside my network this would provide me access to the deco?

When I try to access using this address from outside my network it doesn’t connect to anything.

If I use this address from inside my network, it takes me to the admin page of my NOW TV Hub.

I obviously haven’t set something up correctly, but do not know what.

I have tried to disable the DHCP server of the NOW TV Hub, but that stopped any access to anything and I had to do a reset of the hub.

The reason I want to set up a DDNS is so that this can be used for my NAS.

A previous answer was to set up port forwarding on my NOW TV hub. But I've tried that and still didn't help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't set up TP link DDNS
2021-06-11 08:35:36

@K18ldp 

Hi, as for the port forwarding, I supposed that you have set up port forwarding on the TV hub for Deco, then the same port on the Deco for NAS?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 505

Replies: 1