M9 wired backhaul disables when adding a LAN device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 05:56:36
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi

I have my 3 Deco M9 units setup in this following configuration. The source for 2nd & 3rd Decos shows up as 'Ethernet' in the Deco app, so wired backhaul is confirmed.

Now, If I add a windows desktop to the TP-Link switch, the 2nd & 3rd decos go back to wireless backhaul.

Is this expected? Does wired backhaul not work when there are other non-Deco devices connected to the Ethernet network?

Options
2 Reply
Re:M9 wired backhaul disables when adding a LAN device
2021-06-07 13:48:02

@Gaddam 

This is not expected. 

Is this a 'generic' Windows desktop, or does it have something on it, including network card configuration, that could confuse Decos?

If you haven't done anything with desktop, such as setting static IP address or doing some advanced networking stuff on it, I would suggest to check for updates for desktop network driver. Could be in Device Manager, at Windows Updates/View Optional Updates/Driver Updates, or on desktop/network card manufacturer web site.

Options
Re:M9 wired backhaul disables when adding a LAN device
2021-06-11 07:17:39

@Gaddam 

Hi, I agree with Alexandre and it is not supposed to happen.

So are you still having the same issue?

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 498

Replies: 2

Related Articles