Changing Deco M5 back from Access Point to Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 19:00:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20210302 Rel. 57126

I previously had my home network hardwired with my Deco mesh in Access Point mode behind a wired router.  My home office is hard wired ethernet is also off the router and not on the Deco wifi.  After converting most of the mesh to backhaul I no longer need the hard wired router behind the modem.

Old Config:  Modem --> Router --> Main Deco M5 (AP Mode) --> Slave Decos (WiFi)

|--> Ethernet @ Desk

New Config: Modem --> Router --> Main Deco M5 (AP Mode) --> Slave Deco1 (Backhaul) --> Switch --> Slave Deco2 (Backhaul)

|--> Ethernet @ Desk

--> Slave Deco 3 (WiFi)

New Config Desired: Modem --> Main Deco M5 (Router Mode) --> Slave Deco1 (Backhaul) --> Switch --> Slave Deco2 (Backhaul)

|--> Ethernet @ Desk 

--> Slave Deco 3 (WiFi)

When I attempt to switch the mode back to the default router mode, it stays in access point mode.  When opening the app, the radio button defaults to Router even when in AP mode.  However, it doesn't allow to save that option if already in AP mode.  The web-based interface does not have mode options.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing Deco M5 back from Access Point to Router
2021-06-08 03:45:43

@Yellowball65 

Hi, can I have the following screen-shots:

1.A picture of the advanced>operation mode;

2.When you open the operation mode, what is the current mode on this page;

We had some tests before and sometimes due to the delay of the APP, the operation mode has not been fully updated when we checked on the APP;

In case you have the same issue, after changing the operation mode, would you mind waiting for 1mint and check again;

Normally the status showed up on the advanced page is the correct one;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-10 00:05:49

@TP-Link 

I have resolved the issue of switching back to router from access point.  It is actually a little odd.

1) When opening the operation mode screen the radio button defaults to router mode.

2) Switch radio button to "access point" and close.

3) When asked if you want to save and reboot the main Deco select CANCEL.

4) Reselect "router" mode radio button and close.

5) When asked if you to save and reboot the main Deco select OK and reboot.

6) Deco will reboot to Router Mode.

Now to decide whether to keep it or revert to original configuration.  I have 400 Mbps Service that tests in the app and on Ethernet connected devices in high 300s.  WiFi connected devices now test under 100 where they previously tested in high 200s when it was access mode.

Options
2021-06-10 02:43:01

@Yellowball65 

Hi, Have you checked whether the QoS is enabled or not?

If yes, please try to remove QoS settings: Deco APP>>>QoS>>>(Set Application priority to Standard, Remove all high priority devices, set the Bandwidth to 1000Mbps upload and 1000Mbps download)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1605

Replies: 3

Related Articles