No internet access with Power line extender TL-PA8010

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 19:43:41
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been using this power line adapter with 2 extenders. The adapter is connected to my internet hub, and in the same room, an extender is used for TV with Firestick. The second of the 2 extenders is in an adjoining room, on the same ring circuit and used with my laptop. 

All lights on the plugs are green indicating everything is working normally. 

However, I noticed today that on my laptop, the icon on the bottom task bar that normally shows the ethernet connection was missing. On checking my internet settings, I have the ethernet connection as 'unidentifed network' (which is usual) but also saying 'no internet access'; I also have my wi-fi access which is 'connected and secured' so I am assuming my internet connection is through the wi-fi rather than the ethernet cable. 

Is this correct? If so, how do I get the ethernet connection working on the laptop again? 

TIA

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 0