disconnects with new firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 20:00:27
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest Archer AX20(EU)_V1_210318

so before updating to the latest firmware i never any disconnects, when i got the latest version, it started to disconnect, i cant downgrade because it says that when you update to latest version, you cant go back, tried the factory reset and it still says that i have the latest version.. please help.. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:disconnects with new firmware
2021-06-08 02:28:23

@Eugene29 

Can you please be more specific about the disconnect issue you are experiencing? Is it the WAN disconnecting, or 2.4G wireless, or 5G wireless disconnects?

If it is the WAN/Internet disconnects on the router, please confirm if you have a stable connection all the time with the ISP modem before and after the router firmware update. BTW, who is your ISP?

If it is the 2.4G or 5G disconnecting, please check if you can modify the wireless basic settings on the router, try to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel for the 2.4G/5G network, then change the 2.4G channel width to 20MHz, 5G to 40MHz, change the security to WPA2-PSK/AES, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

Options
2021-06-08 08:05:37 - last edited 2021-06-08 08:06:44

@Kevin_Z  Hey my isp is IBC, that isp is stable, i never had issues before updating, here is the screenshot of the problem, its not the wifi, 

i have fiber optic 200/200, prior to latest update, everything was perfect, i cant downgrade nor factory reset, because the firmware will be the same, i dont know why tp link did that, usually you could go back to older firmware, now its impossible,

Options
2021-06-08 08:49:52

@Eugene29 

Firmware update was the only change in the network? If that is the case, please reset the AX20 to factory defaults by logging to its web interface page, then reconfigure it from scratch, confirm again if the internet connection will be stable.

Options
2021-06-08 09:42:03 - last edited 2021-06-08 09:42:33

@Kevin_Z i am doing second time factory reset the first wasnt so smooth and had problems, i cant downgrade the firmware now as i mentioned already its always stays as that:

Options
2021-06-08 10:51:52

@Eugene29 

As per the release note on the official TP-Link website, this firmware cannot be downgraded to the previous version:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax20/v1/#Firmware

However, please don't worry, we will help with the disconnect issue on the current firmware, do respond the email we sent to you.

Options