Is Deco blocking modem access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 22:47:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I dont seem to be able to connect to my modem to change some settings. When I type in the modem IP address into my browser it doenst find anything. Could the Deco system be preventing me from accessing my modem? 

I have an Ariss CM8200B P2 modem connected to Dahua 10 port POA unmanaged swtich. I have a Deco M9 plugged into the network switch and a series of network of M5 and M9 deco routers throughout the house.

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Is Deco blocking modem access
2021-06-08 08:40:22

@tm450 

Hi, Is your Arris CM8200B P2 like the product on this link:

https://www.commscope.com/globalassets/digizuite/62379-touchstone-cm8200-data-sheet.pdf

Since the Arris CM8200B P2 is a bridge cable modem, normally the network switch is supposed to connect behind the wireless router;

So I think the correct network diagram should be:

Arris CM8200B P2---Deco M9 plus--- Dahua 10 port POA unmanaged switch--other satellite Deco units;

While considering it is a pure cable modem, are you sure that there is a web interface for the cable modem?

Please feel free to let me know if there is any mistakes;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-08 08:52:02
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have set it up that way now. I now think there is no web interface to change the settings on the modem. With the Deco on the chain that way between the modem and the switch I am now left with trying to disable multicasting in the M9. Is that possible?
Options
2021-06-09 08:40:29

@tm450 

Hi, May I know why do you want to turn off the multi-cast on the Deco?

If you checked on the web UI of the Deco M9 Plus, the IGMP feature on the Deco M9 plus is disabled by default;

Options
2021-06-09 08:55:11

Hi, apparently multicast is interfering with our home intercom system. The intercom guy said I need to disable multi cast so he can get things working. I'm not sure of the relationship between multicast and the feature you mention. I'm not an IT person by any means. Can you help me understand whether that being disabled is enough? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 4

Related Articles