Whole-Home Mesh compatability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 18:55:58 - last edited 2021-06-10 18:57:03
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought an Archer VR600/AC2100 Modem Router that supports Whole-Home Mesh (it says so on the box) and a Deco Whole Home Mesh add-n AC1200 M3W from CPC.

The WiFi router is working fine but I cannot seem to set up the add-on range extender. Downloaded the Deco App but doesn't work or make sense.

What is going wrong please?

NB Couldn't find my Make/Model/Version in the list...

Options
2 Reply
Re:Whole-Home Mesh compatability
2021-06-11 03:14:46

@JohnWales 

Hi, For the Archer VR600, it supports TP-link OneMesh and For Deco M3W, it is one remember of the Deco whole home Mesh system and they could not work together to create the same Mesh;

For their difference, please have a look at this link:

TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference? 

In order to create the TP-Link OneMesh, you could choose a range extender from the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/#range-extenders

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Whole-Home Mesh compatability
2021-06-11 16:37:03 - last edited 2021-06-11 16:38:30

@TP-Link OK. So why are you selling two ranges that are incompatible with the same or very similar names and descriptions? BOTH products use the term "Whole Home Mesh" on the packaging.

I bought the Deco range extender at the same tim as the router from CPC in good faith expecting them to work together. Nowhere was there a clear warning that you have two incompatible wifi mesh technologies. In fact the M3W looks identical to a OneMsh extender I now see. Is there a software upgrade? or do I have to ask the supplier if they will refund/swap?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 2

Related Articles