How to get beta X60 firmware to fix port forwarding?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-14 16:54:02 - last edited 2021-06-17 15:04:00
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.51

Seems like port forwarding is broken in most/all TP-Link devices. This is a basic feature! I've seen in other threads that there is a beta firmware that fixes this. No other fixes have worked. How can I access this beta firmware? I need to either return these to Costco and buy a different brand (really don't want to do this) or I need the beta firmware (preferred). Everything else is great and I love my X60 setup. Please help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to get beta X60 firmware to fix port forwarding?-Solution
2021-06-17 15:03:55 - last edited 2021-06-17 15:04:00

@TP-Link 

2 things helped to fix this, and apologies as it looks like it was NOT the Deco firmware. Please pass these on to others with similar issues:

• Windows/McAfee firewall was blocking all ports. When turned off or with the port specifically open on the firewall it can work.
  • The Minecraft server needed to be running + firewall open in order to be able to see the open port.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to get beta X60 firmware to fix port forwarding?
2021-06-17 07:48:06

@HelixFish 

Can you describe the issue you are encountering with the latest Deco X60? I found you followed other posts mentioning that the port forwarding is not working even when you use subnet mask 255.255.255.0, please confirm.

Please provide the network layout first, displaying how the 3 Deco nodes connected to the network, the main Deco is working as a router or AP mode, which port do you want to open, etc., then we will try to figure it out.

Additionally, please refer to the FAQ on the TP-Link website to check the basic port forwarding settings on the Deco app, ensure they are correct:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1797/

Options
Re:How to get beta X60 firmware to fix port forwarding?-Solution
2021-06-17 15:03:55 - last edited 2021-06-17 15:04:00

@TP-Link 

2 things helped to fix this, and apologies as it looks like it was NOT the Deco firmware. Please pass these on to others with similar issues:

• Windows/McAfee firewall was blocking all ports. When turned off or with the port specifically open on the firewall it can work.
  • The Minecraft server needed to be running + firewall open in order to be able to see the open port.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to get beta X60 firmware to fix port forwarding?
2021-06-18 11:54:47

@HelixFish 

Thank you very much for the valued findings for the Minecraft server usage, this will help others a lot.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 770

Replies: 3

Related Articles