Deco M5 loses internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-15 18:21:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

I have 3 Decos M5 since 2019 working perfectly.

But in the past few months it has been having a problem of losing its internet connection.

Lights turn green, Wi-Fi remains active, but internet drops from 230 to 10 in Main Deco. And in the others it's around 1 and 2.

So I need to reset the 3 Decos once or twice to get the internet in Deco back to normal.

If I check the internet in the Deco app, which shows the internet on cable, at the time of the problem, I see that the speed is normal. But on Wi-Fi it is very slow.

This happens at least once a day. But some days it happens two or three times a day.

Has anyone had the same problem and knows a way to solve it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 loses internet connection
2021-06-15 19:17:58 - last edited 2021-06-15 19:38:43

@Clorilda 

There is a possibility something produces wireless signal interference that impacts speed of your WiFi network. On restart, Decos will rescan WiFi channels and switch to less congested.

Next time, use "Network Optimization" in Deco app instead of resetting Deco mesh, and see if it brings back WiFi speeds. That won't fix the underlying issue, but could help to narrow it down. 

I would also recommend installing WiFi Analyzer app on smartphone and use it to check how congested your house is with WiFi networks from neighbors. I prefer WiFiman from Ubiquiti, but there are other similar apps, too.

Options
2021-06-15 19:50:33

@Alexandre. 

I've already tried using optimization but it doesn't work.

Only rebooting solve the problem.

And sometimes it needs 2 or 3 reboots to work.

I'll try the app when it happens again.

Thanks for de reply.

Options
2021-06-16 14:23:48

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 3

Related Articles