Deco M5 Master stays connected to internet for a brief period and loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Master stays connected to internet for a brief period and loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 14:42:05 - last edited 2020-08-11 03:25:29

My Deco M5 (with a slave unit) kept losing the internet connection, and my internet company suggested it may be a product defect, as two other routers (very basic models of TP-Link and Netgear) worked fine for days. As the product was bought in Singapore, and I live in Bangladesh, I was unable to claim the warranty.

However, I recently bought another Deco M5 (with 2 slave units), which I setup yesterday. The connection was lost within 6 hours, and after the internet provider fixed it today, it dropped once again within 2 hours this time.

All the units are using the latest updates. Why does this keep happening, and what is the solution?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 Master stays connected to internet for a brief period and loses connection-Solution
2020-08-11 03:25:24 - last edited 2020-08-11 03:25:29

@FarhadS 

Hello, for this disconnect issue we can do some troubleshooting first. 

1. What is the current network diagram? Are all 5 Deco M5 units are connected in the same mesh network now?

2. What is the LED status of the Deco M5 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one slave Deco to the main Deco.

3. Ensure the firmware is up to date. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Master stays connected to internet for a brief period and loses connection-Solution
2020-08-11 03:25:24 - last edited 2020-08-11 03:25:29

@FarhadS 

Hello, for this disconnect issue we can do some troubleshooting first. 

1. What is the current network diagram? Are all 5 Deco M5 units are connected in the same mesh network now?

2. What is the LED status of the Deco M5 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. At that time, with a computer connected to the main Deco directly, can you access the internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other words, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a go.

1. Relocate the Deco nodes.

2. Swap the locations of the Deco, setup one slave Deco to the main Deco.

3. Ensure the firmware is up to date. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 1