Horrible connection. Very slow T4U archer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 01:28:31
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I bought the adapter almost a month ago and I'm suffering from it.
The 2G and 5G connections are very slow and keep crashing.
To open an email it takes a few minutes.

Watching any video on youtube is almost impossible, the 2 minute video crashes every 15 seconds and sometimes the wifi connection keeps coming and going.

I've reinstalled the drive in version 3 and reinstalled the device with version 2 manually too.

Removed drive, installed old versions. I tested it on another usb input, restarted the computer and the problem continues.

I use notebook for work and I don't have this problem. I use the 5g signal without problems, but with this adapter I can't do anything.

I have already contacted the seller and am looking to return the equipment as I am tired of trying to solve this problem.

I saw many posts reporting problem with the adapter mostly on 5G.

Anyone have a solution?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Horrible connection. Very slow T4U archer
2021-06-21 02:45:09

@Pablito2020  Hello, 

Here is the latest chipset driver for Archer T4U, please install it and see if help with the slow speed problem: 

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210108/RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.41.0514.2020_Drv_3.00.0036(26078).zip

Note : please  disable the built-in or others wireless adapters to ensure the performance of tp-link adapter 

How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 10?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 1

Related Articles