Archer c60 restarts if no internet from ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-20 15:33:03 - last edited 2021-06-22 00:53:42
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Normally a router WIFI LAN is always on even if the internet is down (from the ISP). But my new Archer C60 keeps on restarting in that case. Please suggest if any config. changes.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer c60 restarts if no internet from ISP-Solution
2021-06-21 14:16:26 - last edited 2021-06-22 00:53:42

@Kevin_Z issue resolved.

It was the adapter's fault, somehow it was short.

I checked with a different adapter and things started working.

Had purchased it just a month back.

Thank you !

Rohan

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer c60 restarts if no internet from ISP
2021-06-21 07:47:02

@rongonsalves 

Can you please explain in more details, what does it mean by "Archer C60 keeps on restarting in that case."? Are both the 2.4G and 5G stops working? How about the internet LED on the router,  is it always green? Who is your ISP?

If the internet LED is always green, will the connection recover by powering off then powering on the router? Try to modify the wireless settings on the router, such as wireless channel, channel width, and security, you can check the guide below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

How many wireless devices connect to the 2.4G&5G network? What are they?

When did you purchase the router? Does the issue happen when you first purchased it, or it occurs recently?

Options
2021-06-21 09:44:16

@Kevin_Z The router restarts please find the video attached.

UPDATE: It does not matter if the ISP is connected or not, even when I simply power on the router, it restarts.

File:
tp-linkArcherC60_restarts.mp4Download
Options
2021-06-21 11:32:14

@rongonsalves 

I see. May I know when did you purchase it? Does this issue happen recently? Are there any change in the network, such as firmware updating, power outage, etc., anything that you were aware of?

Please check and confirm if you are using the original power adapter, is it 12 V ⎓ 1 A? You may try with another power adapter that matches the power requirement.

Try to reset the router to factory defaults by pressing and holding the RESET button as long as 10 seconds, then check if the router will be powered on correctly.

If none of these helps, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement.

Options
Re:Archer c60 restarts if no internet from ISP-Solution
2021-06-21 14:16:26 - last edited 2021-06-22 00:53:42

@Kevin_Z issue resolved.

It was the adapter's fault, somehow it was short.

I checked with a different adapter and things started working.

Had purchased it just a month back.

Thank you !

Rohan

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-22 00:52:55

@rongonsalves 

That is great to know. May I have a picture of the original adapter as well as the new adapter you've replaced with now? Are they both 12V-1A?

May I know where did you purchase this router? Is it an autherized retailer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 5