Looking for options on how to enable WDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-21 06:01:52 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:09:43
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I tried searching via search button on router setting page, but it just point me to guest network instead. Looking to enable WDS as I currently have 2 Archer AX20. I need them to connect wirelessly via WDS. ONEMESH doesn't work on 2 routers, which means is useless as ever. WHY REMOVE FEATURES AND MAKE THE ROUTER MORE USELESS. I LIKE THE OLDER ROUTER AS IT HAS MORE FEATURES.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Looking for options on how to enable WDS
2021-06-21 07:58:56

@IhateOneMesh 

Sorry, the AX20 doesn't have the ability to be set up as a repeater/extender, and there is no WDS option. 

Sorry to disappoint you again. As we already mentioned that here and here that the OneMesh™ router can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

If you do need two or more devices to build up the mesh network, you are suggested to buy Deco devices, which may meet your requirements. For more details about Deco mesh, please refer to this article: https://www.tp-link.com/mesh/.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-21 19:12:23 - last edited 2021-06-21 19:16:45

I would want to be able to use WDS as it enables me to connect non-wireless devices via ethernet. I know that Deco devices could allow me to but if you see my username. I hate onemesh. Its slow and annoying to setup, and I can't use other routers in between. BTW, you can't teach an old man new tricks, I hate all this watering down of features. Every new router I buy is now lacking features and introduce more basic stuffs. Goodbye wireless mac filtering, goodbye entering specific bandwidth per ip & hello just basic priority button, and now goodbye wds.

Options
2022-08-23 12:09:59

Hello @IhateOneMesh and everyone who is looking for Onemesh between two routers,

I'm updating here to let you know that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1051

Replies: 3

Related Articles