Deco can't reconnect when powered off?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-21 08:50:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have the 3x Deco M5 set and successfully set up the network. However, I needed to unplug and reconnect it, and after restarting both nbn box and primary m5 unit, it couldn't reconnect. Solid red light. I deleted the old network config, did a reset on all units, set up the network via the app again, and it was fine. 

Then today I tripped a fuse and lost power... After reconnecting power the Deco unit again could not reconnect. I looked up available WiFi any my custom network name was gone again. Only "Deco_4614" available. Again, I had to delete the old network config, reset all units, set up the network via the app again, and it was fine. 

Obviously I don't want to have to manually reset and reconfigure the network every time the m5 is either  unplugged or restarted... Is there any advice on how to get the m5 to remember the network settings? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco can't reconnect when powered off?
2021-07-08 03:41:13

@thundaga 

Hi, thank you very much for your patience.

Are you still having the same issue?

If yes, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further help.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Who is your internet service provider and what is the internet connection type, dynamic IP, or PPPoE?

2. When the Deco was red again after the power outage, could you please confirm whether the old SSID was still here, or it was reset to the default "Deco_4614" again?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 133

Replies: 1