SLOW INCONSISTENT SPEED and ping on archer 9 V6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-22 16:11:35 - last edited 2021-06-22 16:19:19
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485(5553)

My wifi speeds on 2.4 ghz band are slow as hell.

Automatically disconnecting from wifi

Ping is pathetic

tried changing channels width mhz and all settings as mentioned in the forum hyet no help.

This firmware is so bad..

@Kevin_Z 

WE CUSTOMERS ARE REPEATEDLY POSTING THE SAME ISSUES WITH ARCHER A9 BUT I SEE NO PROPER SOLUTIONS HAS BEEN PROVIDED AS OF NOW!

If possible i request a tp link engineer to help me by remotely managing my router if needed

Also pls provide me a proper firmware that will fix the issues. I am from india but can I am ready to try any beta firmware that might work from other regions and help me solve these wifi speed and ping issues.

Have 100 mbps connection.. barely getting 30mbps

Options
2 Reply
Re:SLOW INCONSISTENT SPEED and ping on archer 9 V6
2021-06-24 07:19:34

@Shuvam 

If only the 2.4G connection is slow and unstable, it's quite possible that the 2.4G band around you is highly congested. You can check that by installing an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer on your phone or laptop and test, then set a channel with less congestion according to the test results on the A9.

Check this troubleshooting article for more suggestions:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Options
Re:SLOW INCONSISTENT SPEED and ping on archer 9 V6
2021-06-24 08:27:01 - last edited 2021-06-24 08:28:32

@Kevin_Z  This happens all the time and the ping is unstable on all channels . I have checked at times when there is no wifi networks around me and the same is the issue..happens particularly on 2.4ghz band. I tried all troubleshooting  with wifi analyzer and switched to all bands (1-11) nothing helps

also the wifi automatically disconnects in both the bands (2.4 ghz and 5ghz)  quite frequently.

I believe Archer A9 needs a new firmware to fix the issues.. pls share any beta firmware with the fixes to optimize the ping and speed of 2.4ghz channels..i am ready to downgrade firmware or try any new beta firmware that can fix this. Hope the engineeer team will work on this and fix this for archer a9 ac1900.

Waiting for a solution and immediate action from your end.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 3