My computer does not detect TL-WN7200ND Wireless USB Adapter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-24 16:41:43 - last edited 2021-06-24 16:47:18
Model: TL-WN781ND  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: I don't know

Hi, I have a problem with the TL-WN7200ND (is a TP-LINK High Power Wireless Usb Adapter), basically the computer doesn't detect the device.

(If I misspell excuse me, I do not speak English natively) 

When I connect the device, its light turns on, but the computer does not recognize it (In device manager it marks it as "Unknown Device"). I tried to install the drivers and the utility but I can only install the utility because the computer does not detect the device and does not let me install the driver. I have not achieved anything to install it, in case it helps, my computer is Windows 7 32-bit.

I'm going to attach some screenshots and error messages, anyways, thank you.

In "Device Manager" I get this:

In "Properties" and "Resources" I get this: 

Right now I have the latest version of the utility installed, but in the previous one it allowed me to diagnose the problem, everything was fine but it always said "Wlan Card No Detected", I have searched but I don't know what it means.

I have also tried shutting down and restarting the computer, updating the drivers, resetting the computer to a restore point, disconnecting all the usb and many more things.

If you need me to put more information tell me, thank you.

PD: When I want to put the model in the subject of this thread, it appears to me that it does not exist. So I put another model, but it is the model of the title not the one that says the thread. Here I reconfirm the model, is a TL-WN7200ND 150Mbps High Power Wireless USB Adapter.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My computer does not detect TL-WN7200ND Wireless USB Adapter.
2021-06-28 09:34:23

@STRC21  Hello, 

'Unknown device' in device manager means its hardware has been detected.  You could try to  manually install the adapter by upload the .inf file. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wn7200nd/#Driver

Below is the instruction to manually install driver: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/228/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1143

Replies: 1