AX20 not processing Wifi calling properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-27 05:28:57 - last edited 2021-06-27 05:56:34
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20210318 rel.47238(5553)

Wondering if anyone has got this router/AX series and got wifi calling working?

If I set the operation mode to Access Point and hook it up to my old DLink router, wifi calling works fine on my android phone (at all times).

If I let the AX1800 do the routing and switching, no matter what settings I change, I can never get the wifi calling working.

Honestly I would gladly use the AX1800 as an AP if not for the fact that my old DLink router is very slow (7 years ago) and brings my 1 Gbps connection down to 300-400 Mbps. Other than this wifi calling issue, the AX1800 fits my every use case.

I've been trying to troubleshoot for a few months on and off now, reading off posts from TP Link forums from the past few years, and honestly at this point, I'd rather sell this router off and get another reliable brand in the same price range.

Tried :-

- DHCP Reservation for my android phone

- Port Forwarding (Port 50, 500, 4500, 143, 993)

- Port Triggering (Port 50, 500, 4500, 143, 993)

- Toggling uPNP

- Toggling SIP ALG

- Toggling IPSec Passthrough

- Changing WAN DNS

- Toggling TWT + Toggling Airtime Fairness

- Changing DTIM Interval from 1 to 4

- Factory reset

- Port Forwarding + Port Triggering

- Port Forwarding + Port Triggering + Toggling SIP ALG

- Port Forwarding + Port Triggering + Toggling SIP ALG + Disable IGMP Proxying

- Listing my android phone as a DMZ device

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX20 not processing Wifi calling properly
2021-06-27 09:15:59 - last edited 2021-06-27 09:35:05

I decided to spend my time to troubleshoot again. Surprisingly, I found a topic on the US TP-Link Community forums that mentioned port forwarding for wireless clients on WPA3. Changed the security settings from WPA2/3 to WPA2-P/AES exclusively. Put my phone aside for an hour and checked back, surprisingly the WIFI Calling indicator was on my phone's status bar.

Cool, so maybe something is probably not implemented properly on WPA3? I switched off the WIFI on my phone and reconnected, and it seems WIFI Calling reconnected. I disabled IPSec Passthrough on the router quickly and toggled my WIFI on my phone, and the indicator didn't show up. Okay, seems like it is working correctly for now? Enabled IPSec Passthrough again and toggled WIFI on my phone again, indicator comes up. Cool, IPSec Passthrough works now I guess?

I decided to try and restart the router to make sure this is truly resolved, and here we are back to square one. No more WIFI Calling. No other setting was changed. I'm giving this problem around a week before I move on to a more stable solution.

Options
Re:AX20 not processing Wifi calling properly
2021-06-28 03:16:17

@Cynix 

Thank you for all the tests. Do you mean the Wi-Fi Calling no longer works even you have set the security to WPA2-PSK, AES? To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 2

Related Articles