Parental Control devices keep disappearing from profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-27 11:04:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

The devices linked to the profiles keep disappearing, making the parental control feature not very useful. Every other day that I open the Deco app and look up one of my kids' profile, it shows devices: 0. This issue has been present for months and I noticed that its 's hardest to keep my daughter's chromebook linked to her profile. It seems other devices such as iphone and desktop are linked to the profile for a longer period of time, but the chromebook is harder to keep. I checked if she somehow set the chromebook in dev mode and is somehow randomizing mac addresses that might explain this, but that's not the case. Creating a new profile to assign the devices to didn't solve it either.

Another parental control issue is that blocking domains is not always working. For example, if I block Youtube in their profile they can still access Youtube, even after clearing the cache on their devices

I didn't have these issues with my old Asus router and I'm considering another solution, since the easy parental controls in an app was one of the reasons I bought this product. I've seen this issue reported several times now and it's still present. Please fix this issue!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Control devices keep disappearing from profiles
2021-07-08 06:30:38

@Merel 

Sorry for the delay.

Were you still having the same issue with the parental control feature on the Deco M5?

If yes, please send APP feedback via Deco APP>overview>settings on the left>help>suggestions and add the APP system log;

Please also add the detailed product specification of your Chromebook, like the model and operating system;

By the way, except for the Chromebook, did other devices have the same issue? If yes, what are these devices?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 302

Replies: 1