Archer AX20 V2.0 WiFi turned off after scheduled reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-29 06:16:31 - last edited 2022-04-29 03:42:29
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20210128 rel.55499(5553)

Recently bought myself the Archer AX20 V2 and was quite happy with it so far as it has improved WiFi coverage, internet speed and stability in my home. Then I tried out the schedule features and setup the LED schedule, WiFi off schedule and reboot schedule with configurations as below.

Woke up twice (pass scheduled reboot time on two separate days) in the morning to find out that the WiFi was turned off and had to either go into the router setting to switch it back on or by turning the WiFi on with the dedicated back panel button. So I decided to wake up after the WiFi off schedule but before the reboot time just to check on whether the WiFi on/off schedule is working as accordingly, and no surprise the WiFi is indeed on. So I went back to sleep and then again woke up (pass scheduled reboot time) to find that the WiFi had turned off.

With all that, I decided to shoot an email to TP-Link's customer support and vent on the issues I'm facing. What I got in reply from them was that it was a known issue and they would resolve it in the future. They suggested that I either turned off either one of the schedule (WiFi or Reboot) instead and hope it would work. Really disappointed by the response as it is as though you've bought a car with the A/C not working and they would tell you that is was a known issue that will be resolve at a later time and suggest you to wind down the window instead for the time being as the car pretty much still get you to places.

Fine! So I asked what is the expected timeline for a fix and again they repeated the same response. 

So I have decided to post my problems here in the community forum hoping that TP-Link community staff(s) would notice and able to escalate the issue for a speedy fix rollout.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX20 V2.0 WiFi turned off after scheduled reboot-Solution
2021-06-29 06:56:24 - last edited 2022-04-29 03:42:29

@chriswtsee 

Check this thread. You may try the OP solution to see if it will work for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer AX20 V2.0 WiFi turned off after scheduled reboot-Solution
2021-06-29 06:56:24 - last edited 2022-04-29 03:42:29

@chriswtsee 

Check this thread. You may try the OP solution to see if it will work for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX20 V2.0 WiFi turned off after scheduled reboot
2021-06-29 07:07:02
In my case the reboot actually got the LEDs to light up (except for the 2.4 and 5GHz wifi, indicating that the WiFi is off) and even able to access internet via ethernet. Will give it a try though. Thank you.
Options
2021-06-30 02:27:53

@terziyski 

I have tried the OP's solution by the thread you shared, disabled reboot schedule and save, follow by enabled reboot schedule and save. Sadly, it does not solve my problem. Woke up to no WiFi this morning (both 2.4 and 5GHz LED is off) and had to switch it back on via the dedicated back panel button. Worth a shot, thanks for your help.

Guess I have to disable reboot schedule just so I can retain the WiFi off schedule until a fix comes (if that will ever happen?). Sigh.

Options
2021-06-30 03:40:50

@chriswtsee 

Hi, just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you need to reboot the router every day?

We understand that all the features should take effect as expected when you spent your money on the router, and this should be fixed as confirmed by the support agents, we hope you could wait for the new firmware in the future with patience.

Options
2021-06-30 04:29:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hi there, thanks for dropping by.

I'm setting it to reboot daily just to test out any hiccups as I have only gotten the AX20 for not more than a week, so logically speaking it would not be a great idea that I have to wait a month just to find out that some things are not working as it should. Of course rebooting should usually be done only when it feels like something is wrong with the router. What would you reckon if a reboot schedule is to be configured, how often should it be?

Also, just out of curiosity, the router and tether app is telling me my firmware is up to date being on 2.0.2 Build 20210128 rel.55499(5553). However, a check on my local TP-link official website for the support page of AX20 shows that the latest firmware is Archer AX20(US)_V2_210325 which was published 2021-06-01. Just to check, is the stated Archer AX20(US)_V2_210325 the latest firmware over 2.0.2 Build 20210128 rel.55499(5553)? If yes, why is the router and tether app is telling me that I have the latest firmware? Should I perform a manual upgrade of firmware?

Lastly, I guess I was left with no choice but to wait patiently for the new firmware fix.

Glad to know the community manager(s) are actively engaging the consumers.

Thank you!

Options
2021-06-30 06:05:53

@chriswtsee 

Fully understand it. I think the developers will develop a new firmware if this is confirmed as a known issue by the support agents. So don't worry.

As for the reboot intervals, generally, reboot the router once a week could be enough if there are no issues with the daily usage.

Regarding the new firmware update concern, we can confirm that the new firmware is pushed to the devices partially, and will roll out for all in a certain period time. If you cannot detect the new firmware on the router web and tether app, you can update it manually by downloading the latest firmware from the TP-Link official website as per this manual:

How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers (New Logo)?  (Case 1)

Options
2021-06-30 13:34:24

@Kevin_Z 

Thank for the feedbacks. Greatly appreciate it mate!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 7

Related Articles