Deco App: Kasa devices on "Smart" device list not available for Address Reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco App: Kasa devices on "Smart" device list not available for Address Reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-30 01:01:49 - last edited 2021-06-30 01:25:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

I recently added a handful of HS100s, HS200s, and HS210s to my house. Along with that, I added a Hubitat hub. The TP-Link integration within Hubitat requires a static IP to function with local control. I was able to reserve static IPs for the HS210s but none of the others. I've been scratching my head for a week trying to figure out why my HS100s and HS200s were not showing up in the client list nor the Address Reservation screen. Finally, I just discovered that the HS100s and the HS200s were on the "Smart" list, added to the Deco app as a smart device instead of a regular internet "Client". Well apparently the devices on the "Smart" list will not show up in the Address Reservation screen so they're stuck in DHCP mode. This has been causing a lot of headaches, the IP addresses get recycled pretty often so I've been having to delete and re-discover the switches in Hubitat about once a day. I can't remember if I added them as smart devices in the Deco app or if these got recognized automatically during setup.

As a workaround I'm going to "delete" the smart devices within the Deco app so they all go back to regular "Clients". This way I'll be able to assign static IP addresses to all my Kasa devices. To the TP-Link team, can we get the "Smart" devices in the Deco app available on the Address Reservation screen so I can configure these with Deco automation and a static IP?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco App: Kasa devices on "Smart" device list not available for Address Reservation
2021-07-07 08:06:52

@DeusHircus 

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently, Deco does not support address reservation on smart home devices;

The workaround to delete the smart devices within the Deco app and force them to go back to regular clients would be very helpful.

We will keep attention to the similar feedback and forward it to the senior engineers for further evaluation;

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 549

Replies: 1

Related Articles