Intermittent connections Issues in Wifi Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-30 20:03:37 - last edited 2021-08-02 01:43:00
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hello,

I installed a new wifi mesh system for my family recently.

It consists of 6 Deco M4 and two M3W.

The configuration is in AP Mode and looks like this:

Router -> Deco(main) -> Switch -> 5 Deco M4 -> 2 Deco M3W

The wired connections works flawles, but the wifi tends to have short connection breaks from time to time. 

Also Wifi phone calls will just break up after 20 - 30 minutes.

Fast Roaming is enabled.

All M4 Decos are connected via lan cable.

What can I do, what could be wrong?

Today I tried to set up Router mode, so I disabled DHCP first on the Router/Modem this ended up in total failure, I guess because it ended up in a lan loop since all devices are connected to the same Deco.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Intermittent connections Issues in Wifi Deco M4-Solution
2021-08-01 20:01:00 - last edited 2021-08-02 01:43:00
Hi, thank you for your helpful reply. Its been a while now but i figured out the issue. One of the APs was connected to an older tp link power supply. It was missing 3Volts. This caused the Ap to constantly restart. And all nearby devices connected to it for a short time. Only to reconnect to a nearby AP Signal with low but steady wifi. It‘s all perfect now. Thank you very much :)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent connections Issues in Wifi Deco M4
2021-07-06 11:19:14

@Pixeladdict 

Hi, if trying to turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco APP, leaving 5Ghs only, would the wireless connection get more stable?

Would you please also try to turn off the Mesh Technology on the devices which dropped the connection frequently?

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Intermittent connections Issues in Wifi Deco M4-Solution
2021-08-01 20:01:00 - last edited 2021-08-02 01:43:00
Hi, thank you for your helpful reply. Its been a while now but i figured out the issue. One of the APs was connected to an older tp link power supply. It was missing 3Volts. This caused the Ap to constantly restart. And all nearby devices connected to it for a short time. Only to reconnect to a nearby AP Signal with low but steady wifi. It‘s all perfect now. Thank you very much :)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 901

Replies: 2

Related Articles