Netflix Streaming Issue with Deco x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 17:34:38
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54042

Hi - I am having serious issues downloading and streaming content on my Deco x60. In particular, streaming or downloading content on Netflix is a problem (on my ipad, iphone, and tvs). I frequently get an error. I have also tried changing my IPv4 DNS, turned off (and on) beamforming and fast roarming.

In addition to the netflix issues, other streaming services sometimes do not work. Finally, when I try to download large files for work, it only downloads 3-5MB of the total and then stops and says download failed.

On all of the devices, other services, such as google, youtube, etc. work and have no issues. And when I test the internet speed, it says I have no problems, with over 100 Mbps down and 40 mbps up. Thank you for your help.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Netflix Streaming Issue with Deco x60
2021-07-05 11:18:53

@mt20 

Can I have a picture of the error message on the Netflix?

Did this issue start since you bought the Deco?

Have you set up any parental control profiles on the devices?

Would it help if we temporarily turn off the antivirus and firewall system on the Deco X60?

By the way, would turning off the Mesh technology on one of the devices make any difference?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-07-05 14:53:52

@TP-Link 

Yes, picture attached.

I bought the deco x60 a year ago, and I do not recall having this problem until about 6mo ago.

There are no parental controls and I tried turning off all of the antivirus and firewall systems. It didnt seem to work

I will try turning off the mesh technology on the devices, but it appears across devices, iphone, different ipads, etc. It also happens on my laptop when I try to download larger work files.

I was testing it again, and it seems like it isnt as much of an issue when I am connected to the main deco, only to the mesh ones. Not sure if it matters, but I am using ethernet cables to backlink with the main deco. The problem is that I am mainly connected the mesh / endpoint decos, not the main one. Also, it appears that if I connect to the main deco (over wifi), download something on netflix, and then go to a different area and use the mesh, streaming sometimes works for a short period of time, then fails again.

Hopefully that helps, and I can provide more information if needed. Thank you.

Options
2021-07-06 02:52:29

@mt20 

Thanks for the pictures.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

At the same time, could you please help me get a picture of the diagram of your Mesh system, such as how the Deco units are connected, via Ethernet or wireless backhaul?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-07-06 14:16:26

@TP-Link 

Great - thanks for the help. Looking forward to connecting with the sr engineers.

I am using ethernet to backlink. I have the main deco in the basement (where the cable comes in), one above it, one on either end of the house, and then two more upstairs.

Options
2021-12-16 14:30:59
Did you try turning off beam forming then reboot decos?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1224

Replies: 5

Related Articles