X68 Deco App Missing Internet Speed Test (M5 App had it)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-03 07:52:42
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210519 Rel. 36755

I have just upgraded our Deco network, which has previously been running with M5, by adding X68, by making one of the two X68 units as the main Deco, as recommended by TP-Link's Deco order of precedence.

The Deco app with M5 had the Internet Speed Test button.. I found it useful because I could measure the internet speed at the modem, which was a way to keep the ISP honest or to make sure of the health of the modem and point-of-entry hardware.

However, when I opened the Deco app once X68 was set up, I noticed that the Internet Speed Test button was gone. Yes, you can run the Wi-Fi speed via Deco Lab or by using any third-party app and site, but that is not what I want. I want the at-the-modem speed, and this ability is now gone after the upgrade to X68's Deco App without the Internet Speed Test function.

Does the TP-Link have any plan to bring back the Internet Speed Test button that the M5 and M9 app have? I really want it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:X68 Deco App Missing Internet Speed Test (M5 App had it)
2021-07-05 09:52:00

@jacksan121 

Hi, for the Deco X68, it does not support internet speed test anymore;
Currently, there is no updated plan for this feature yet and we will keep attention to the same feedback;
Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1247

Replies: 1