Need Help - Deco X20 Firmware Downgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-04 02:30:58
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Deco X20(US)_V1_1.5.0_210121

Need help,

I recently purchased a 2 pack Deco X20 unit.

Managed to setup one of the mesh as the main router and the unit work as per advertised.

However, after I performed a firmware upgrade via the deco app, the wifi coverage has gone from best to worse.

I merely standing 9 feet from my main router with clear Line-of-Sight and yet I lost the signal.

I manage to configure the other unit as the main and used it without any issue now.

I have reset the previous router and used it as a mesh and it didn't help.

It keep rejoining my network without needing me to add it up via the deco app, even after I remove it from the network and reset it manually.

I did try using the http uboot method but it prompt with failed message.

I do believe the firmware is somehow causing this issue and wanted to perform another simple troubleshooting before sending it over for warranty claim.

Has been searching on method how to downgrade the firmware but so far couldn't find it, thus really need help if someone can point me to the correct method of downgrading the firmware.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need Help - Deco X20 Firmware Downgrade
2021-07-05 06:20:58

@Hafidz 

Hi, After checking the current firmware, it seemed like both of your Deco X20 are on firmware 1.5.0.
So I think the firmware should be fine;
For the advanced model of Deco system, like Deco X20/X60, it applies for the pre-configured mechanism 
which means once the main unit is properly setup, the rest of the mesh could join into the system automatically;
So back to your previous issue, after using the previous unit as the satellite Deco, would it still have weak Wi-Fi coverage and lose the connection all the time?
Thank you.

Options
Re:Need Help - Deco X20 Firmware Downgrade
2021-07-05 08:33:32

@TP-Link 

Yes, the wifi signal is really weak and as I mention, I got disconnected from the wifi merely standing 9 feet with clear LOS to the unit.

Based on the simple troubleshooting that I did, I do believed this is due to the Hardware failure.

However, I wanted to eliminate the Firmware from this issue just because this happened after I upgrade the firmware.

The idea was to get a clean/factory reset unit and try to reconfigure it, if it still the same then is should be Hardware faulty.

Can you share me on how to get it reset to factory setting rather than having some pre-config setting even after the reset being done?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 2

Related Articles