NVR & Powerline ethernet issues when devices connected via switch connected Deco x20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

NVR & Powerline ethernet issues when devices connected via switch connected Deco x20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-04 12:25:07
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

NVR and Powerline only seem to work when connected directly to the X20 (which is connected to a Virgin Router in modem mode), however when connected to a swithc that's connected to the X20 2nd ethernet port they no longer receive a signal that works, and the NVR can't be identified on the network.

Is this a known issue?

Options
7 Reply
Re:NVR & Powerline ethernet issues when devices connected via switch connected Deco x20
2021-07-05 11:48:52

@Bodi_abcd 

HI, May I know the model number of your switch?

With the switch connected, is your network diagram like:

ISP—Virgin router in modem mode---main Deco X20—network switch----NVR

\Powerline

Can you still see these two devices on the Deco APP online devices list?

And did DNR still get correct IP address?

Options
Re:NVR & Powerline ethernet issues when devices connected via switch connected Deco x20
2021-07-05 22:34:05 - last edited 2021-07-05 22:35:54

@TP-Link I am not sure if the switch was visible from the Deco, i would need to retry it in moden mode again and reconnect.  The switch is a netgear unmanaged switch (GS205 5 port) which i am changing to an 8 port one (GS208), but they're both the same type.  I am going to remove the powerline completely and add a Deco to feed into the TP Link switch as the wifi signal seems faster than via powerline, but i still need the NAS, NVR and Hive etc... to all work as they used to.

It seems like it should be really straight forward so not sure what i am missing, and help / advice would be welcome.

Options
2021-07-06 01:53:46

@Bodi_abcd 

Hi, thanks for the detailed information.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. May I know the model number of your NVR device?
  2. When the Netgear switch is connected to the main Deco X20 via cable, did the main Deco keep solid green and the wireless network work fine?
  3. Could you please help me check the IP settings on the wireless devices from Deco, and the IP settings on the wired devices behind the switch since we think there might be another device working as a DHCP server behind the switch;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-07-06 12:31:34

@TP-Link answers to your questions below...

1. May I know the model number of your NVR device?
    It's Hikvision NVR
  2. When the Netgear switch is connected to the main Deco X20 via cable, did the main Deco keep solid green and the wireless network work fine?
    Yes, the wireless part always works
  3. Could you please help me check the IP settings on the wireless devices from Deco, and the IP settings on the wired devices behind the switch since we think there might be another device working as a DHCP server behind the switch;
    Do you need the details when it's my router is in modem mode?  I don't think i can't access the devices on the switch when it's modem mode, but i can try again.  As far as can tell all my wireless devices are 192.168.68.xxx  How do i check the wired devices if i can't access them?
Options
2021-07-07 03:24:09

@Bodi_abcd 

Hi,

Since I can see some computers and NAS behind the netgear switch, were you able to check the IP settings on these devices manually, like via the control panel on the computer?

Options
2021-07-07 10:04:19

@TP-Link I have managed to make some progress now.

I have put the Virgin Router back in to modem mode and I have added a new network switch.  Everything now before the powerline is working which is great news.  I have added an additional deco and i am next going to try connecting that to the TP Link network switch in the hope that works.  If it does i will just remove the powerline, although still not sure why they cause an issue.

Options
2021-07-08 02:27:36

@Bodi_abcd 

Hi, I think it is quite odd as well since at the beginning, I think it might be due to the WAN/LAN auto-sensing feature on the Deco, or there is an additional DHCP server behind the switch.

Would connecting to the TP-Link switch to the satellite Deco work or not?

And I think you could also connect the powerline behind the satellite Deco unit to see whether it is working or not;

Moreover, I am still quite curious what are the IP addresses on the devices connected to the powerline and maybe there are some useful information;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1009

Replies: 7

Related Articles