Slow WIFI upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow WIFI upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow WIFI upload speed
Slow WIFI upload speed
2021-07-05 03:47:21
Model: Archer AX3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200621 rel.76096(5553)

Here is the problem.

I have 400/400 Mbps from FIOS.

I am able to get the full speed using wired connection.

but for wireless connection on either Wifi 5 GH band 1 or 2, I am getting 400 mbps download but only 200+ Mbps upload.

Same setup and on my old 5 year old dual band Verizon FIOS G1100 router, I am getting the full 400/400 Mbps on WIFI 5GH band.

Tested by selecting on/off QOS, with or without priority on the device, on and off with Smart Connect. All yielded 200+ Mbps. No parental control set on the router.

Any recommendation or suggestion?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Slow WIFI upload speed
2021-07-05 08:33:36

@CHUHY 

Hi, kindly check this article for more details to confirm if the QoS settings on the AX3200 is configured incorrectly, you can try to disable it if necessary:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

Just to confirm, what kind of wireless devices you are testing the 5G connection with the AX3200, can we have the brand and model of it? If it is a computer, we would like to know the model of it, please ensure it is running with the latest driver, thanks.

You can also check and modify the 5G wireless settings on the AX3200, you can check that by installing an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer on your phone or laptop and test, then set a channel with less congestion according to the test results on the AX3200.

Additionally, please check this troubleshooting article for more suggestions:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Options
2021-07-05 16:27:53

@CHUHY 

My wireless device that I use to test is iphone 12 Pro Max. The app that I use to test on the phone is Speedtest app and on my wired desktop is via the same Speedtest.net site.

Phone is right next to the wireless router. (1 feet or less)

Wired no problem. Its the wireless upload speed which is 1/2 of what I should be getting.

I have already reviewed the two articles that you have provided, and have tested the following:

Disable QOS (unchecked the QOS box).

Smart Connect enabled or

Smart Connect disbled with the following settings.

set the 2.4 GHz to 20 Mhz, 5 GHz band 1 to 40 Mhz, 5 GHz band 2 to 80 Mhz and

set the 2.4 GHz to 20 Mhz, 5 GHz band 1 to 80 Mhz, 5 GHz band 2 to 80 Mhz.

set the 2.4 GHz to 20 Mhz, 5 GHz band 1 to 80 Mhz, 5 GHz band 2 to 40 Mhz.

tried the iphone device on either 5 GHz band 1 or band 2.

All of the above still produce the same result using wireless device for speed test. 

That is download 400 + Mbps (no problem) but upload only seeing 1/2 of the promised speed (200 + Mbps). At best I see only 270 Mbps upload. 

Again, I do not see this issue using my 5 year old Verizon FIOS G1100 router (dual band), which shows 400/400 wired and wireless speed test.

Please advice.

Options
2021-07-06 06:55:40

@CHUHY 

Thanks for the details. If that is the case, we would like to investigate the issue further by following it up via email, please check your email box and respond.

Options
2022-02-04 19:22:33 - last edited 2022-02-04 19:44:04

@Kevin_Z Is there any updates on this issue? I'm facing the exact same issue. 

UPDATE:

So, I was able to resolve this issue by doing the following:

1) Connect to the 1Gbps port

2) Set the router to use that port under the Network setting

3) Change the Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting to 1000Mbps Full Duplex

So, this raises another issue... Why doesn't this work for the 2.5Gbps port? Please pass this on to the engineers. Hopefully, they can fix in the a future firmware for all TP-Link routers. 

Options
2022-02-08 08:46:41

NewArcherUser wrote

@Kevin_Z Is there any updates on this issue? I'm facing the exact same issue. 

UPDATE:

So, I was able to resolve this issue by doing the following:

1) Connect to the 1Gbps port

2) Set the router to use that port under the Network setting

3) Change the Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting to 1000Mbps Full Duplex

So, this raises another issue... Why doesn't this work for the 2.5Gbps port? Please pass this on to the engineers. Hopefully, they can fix in the a future firmware for all TP-Link routers. 

Hello @NewArcherUser, do you mean the upload speed is slow if you connect the 2.5Gbps port to the ISP modem? What is the Internet Port Negotiation Speed for that port? BTW, what is the make and model of the ISP modem? Try with another cat 6 or cat 7 cable if possible.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 935

Replies: 5

Related Articles