Wifi low performance - SOLVED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-06 06:42:09 - last edited 2021-07-07 02:48:28
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 build 20210511 rel. 76452(4555)

Had the device on 200/200 fiber connection and measured full speed on both cabled and wifi connected Win10 devices (Ookla speed test) .

Upgraded my ISP speed to 500/500 and now have full speed cabled but approx half of that on Wi-Fi.

Funny thing is that my pc states 433 for the physical connection but the speed test shows half regardless of distance to the device.

Rebooted several times between tweaking settings to no avail,  now back to original (no Smart connect)

On the brink of getting angry with the AX6000 I checked my laptop (Lenovo) wi-fi net-card:

Realtek 8821ce wireless lan 802.11ac was not designed for this speed!

As a heads up - do check both ends of your communication before blaming any ;)

The solution may be to get a wi-fi card as USB dongle.

Not too expensive, just make sure you have a free USB 3.0 port as USB 2.0 will not cope with the fastest dongles.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi low performance - SOLVED-Solution
2021-07-07 02:47:41 - last edited 2021-07-07 02:48:28

@SpiDybot 

Thanks for sharing. Glad to know you figure it out that the slow speed is related to the built-in adapter on the laptop.yes

The speed will be determined on both the signal source, which is the router, and the signal receiver, which would be your laptop, so this can be verified by comparing with a different Wi-Fi 6 device, such as phones or laptops if the speed is not good as expected.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi low performance - SOLVED-Solution
2021-07-07 02:47:41 - last edited 2021-07-07 02:48:28

@SpiDybot 

Thanks for sharing. Glad to know you figure it out that the slow speed is related to the built-in adapter on the laptop.yes

The speed will be determined on both the signal source, which is the router, and the signal receiver, which would be your laptop, so this can be verified by comparing with a different Wi-Fi 6 device, such as phones or laptops if the speed is not good as expected.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 986

Replies: 1

Related Articles