High Ping On Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

High Ping On Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
High Ping On Deco M4
High Ping On Deco M4
2021-07-07 14:46:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210511 Rel. 34580

Hi everyone, 

Over the last wile I have been having a lot of issues with really high ping across my deco's. Connecting direct to my ISP router the ping is good around 30-40 but every so often when connecting to the deco's it will jump into the mid to high hundreds. It happens across all 4 of them. One of them is using direct Ethernet back haul and even wiring my laptop into it the issue is still there. 

Can anyone suggest any trouble shooting steps? 

Have already updated firmware and tried both access point and router mode with no joy. 

Thanks 

Matt 

Options
3 Reply
Re:High Ping On Deco M4
2021-11-08 22:16:55

Still having issues with this problem. Been ongoing for last few hours for example. I wired directly into my isp's router and connection was fine but getting really high ping when connected to any of the decos 

Options
2021-11-10 09:33:47

@matseffect 

Hi, Did it only occur to a specific client?

It is suggested that you could have a look at this link:

[Solution] Regular Ping Spike with Realtek Chip Network Card when connecting to Deco Network

While if all your clients have this issue, could you send me a rough picture of the network topology of the Mesh system, like how are they connected to each other.

Please also save some high ping screenshots for me if possible.

Options
2021-11-14 16:34:45

@TP-Link 

Hi, 

Its happening across all Clients. 

Connection was 

Main Deco > Deco 1

Main Deco > Deco 2

Deco 2 > Deco 3

In total have 4 connected including the main one. of the 3 main ones 2 connect directly to the main one and the third one connects though Deco one of the others in between it and the main one.

As I test I disconnected one of the deco's reset it and set it up as its own network to rule out issues connecting between the decos and still had the same issue. 

Its been fine again since but issue happens every so often and lasts for several hours. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4332

Replies: 3

Related Articles