loosing internet connection when moving 1 (of 3) Deco's downstairs.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-08 15:40:54 - last edited 2021-07-08 15:44:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi!

I have an issue when I'm moving one deco from upstairs to downstairs. Once I plug it in, all decos are loosing connection and shows red light.

Originally, I had one Deco (Main one) downstairs and 2 additional Decos upstairs. Recently, I changed internet provider, and had to switch the main Deco to one of the Decos upstairs (as new internet socket/modem is upstairs). 

Due to the change, internet signal is weaker downstairs, I want to move additional Deco from upstairs to downstairs, once I do that, all 3 shows red light, and I have no internet at all.

Guys, Any ideas? I'll appreciate any kind of guidance

thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:loosing internet connection when moving 1 (of 3) Deco's downstairs.
2021-07-09 02:58:45

@eckonom 

Thanks for your feedback.

Your case is quite odd and could you please help me check the following information:

Did you move one of the satellite units from upstairs to downstairs, not the main Deco, right?

Are Deco units connected via Ethernet cable to each other or Wi-Fi?

By the way, Now I see that all your Deco units are online, and have you moved the unit back upstairs already?

Options
2021-07-09 22:01:26

@TP-Link 

You are right... It's pretty odd case...

Yes, I moved it back upstairs. 

I'm using WiFi connection between the Deco's and the one that I'm trying to move downstairs is satellite one. Its pretty weird that once I connect it it causes such an issue...

Maybe, I should give it more time? I tried already two times, and each time plugging ut in different place. 

Funny fact, once I move the satellite from downstairs to different place, everything works fine. Its quickly connecting and WiFi and internet overall works good.

Options
2021-07-12 07:44:38

@eckonom 

Thanks for the update.

While it seems like cause and effect are all mysteries.devil

Please feel free to update here once the same issue repeats again;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 3