Low internet speeds on devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-09 11:59:28
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

I have 2 Deco X20s, 1 acting as my router. Speed test via the Deco app shows download speeds of 100mbps but my devices, both on wifi and via Ethernet connected to both Decos, all provide speeds of less than 2mbps. Obviously very slow, too slow for video streaming.

I disconnected them and reconnected my original router. This provided much faster wifi and Ethernet speeds. On reconnecting the Deco units they initially provided the same fast speeds but within 10mins they again reduced to lower than 2mbps.

Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any advice on what to try?

any help would be much appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Low internet speeds on devices
2021-07-12 08:35:49

@SteveM81 

Hi

How much internet bandwidth you have subscribed from the internet service provider?

When the speed declined to 2 m/s, will rebooting the Deco restore the speed again, or it could come back automatically?

Did all your clients have the same unstable speed?

Options
Re:Low internet speeds on devices
2021-07-12 08:48:12

@TP-Link my download bandwidth is 100mbps. Initially when switching the Decos off and restarting the download bandwidth increased to 20mbps but within minutes it reduced back to 2mbps. As the internet was unusable i had to switch off the Decos and go back to my old router. The very low speed was the same for 5 different types of devices on wifi and also 2 devices on Ethernet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 2

Related Articles