Ability to choose 2.4/5Ghz on individual Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-09 20:30:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I'd like to know if there's any way to choose or configure on which band individual deco units will transmit?

Example: I have 3 Deco M5 units.

One of those units is in the bedroom and I want it to only operate on the 5Ghz band. The other 2 in the house can use 2.4 and 5 together.

The only option I have now is to disable/enable 2.4 of 5 band for all deco units.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Ability to choose 2.4/5Ghz on individual Deco
2021-07-12 06:54:33

@IamPeacock 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It does not support choose 2.4/5Ghz on individual Deco yet and we will keep attention to the similar feedback for further evaluation;

Options
2022-01-25 17:57:41

@TP-Link hi TP-Link. Any news on this subject? I have the same problem.  It's been a while since this issue was reported by others (I bought mine today) and seemes to be pending. Thanks to advice. 

Options
2022-01-26 06:28:22

@ErnieBernie 

No, I am afraid this feature request has not been accepted yet.

I see you mentioned in the other post “ Some devices work better on (and only) 2.4ghz and others on the 5ghz” if the devices are only working on the 2.4ghz, it would still connect to Deco and Deco would not force it to connect to the 2.4ghz.

Normally 5ghz will be faster and more stable than 2.4ghz, and can you give me more details about why you need this feature? I mean on what devices, under some specific situation, you might think separate SSID is a necessity.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Options
2022-01-26 13:04:27

@TP-Link Hi There. Thanks so much for your reply. 

If I would only use the Main Network with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz on, how do I know that a 5Ghz device connects to the 5Ghz? Maybe a silly question but I am used to my Apple Time shuttle where I had to create 2 SSID's, one for the 2.4Ghz and another for the 5Ghz. Deco Mesh is new to me. 

Thanks so much

Kinds regards Erwin

Options
2022-01-27 08:37:04

@ErnieBernie It's solved. I can see in the TP Link app for Deco that it automatically connects to 2.4 or 5Ghz so I can use my guest network separately. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 5

Related Articles