Deco M9 Plus satellites blinking red but seem to be connected and online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-10 13:17:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 59387

I got the Deco M9 Plus three pack about 2-3 weeks ago and it seems to work great.  But I noticed last night that my satellites were both blinking red.  According to the instructions, that means they've lost connection to the main Deco.  However, according to the Deco app, they are both online and both have devices connected to them.  Everything seems to work well.  Not sure whether I need to do anything or not.

Here's what I see in the app:

Also, on a side note, when I check for firmware updates in the app, it says I have the latest version.  But the TP-Link site shows a newer version (1.5.5) is available.  Which is correct and should I upgrade?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus satellites blinking red but seem to be connected and online
2021-07-10 20:38:17

Ok, so I found this solution after I posted this...

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/266974

However, it hasn't solved my problem.  The satellites are still flashing red even though they appear to both still be online with devices connecting to them.

What now?

Options
2021-07-12 02:46:38

@autigers1970 

Thank you very much and I have seen that your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already.

Please check the email for more assistance from the engineers;

Options
2021-07-20 21:28:17

TP-Link wrote

@autigers1970 

Thank you very much and I have seen that your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already.

Please check the email for more assistance from the engineers;

@TP-Link Is it normal for the senior engineers to want me to install a program I've never heard of (Awesun) and to give them the username and password so they can have remote control?  This makes me nervous.

Options
2021-07-21 02:27:09

@autigers1970 

Hi, Awesun is a remote control utility that is quite the same as TeamViewer, but more stable and secure;

Most of the time, remote control is not required for troubleshooting.

Since it could provide some potential details about your real network scenarios, sometimes It would be helpful when there are no clues about the current problem.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-27 14:06:44

@autigers1970 

Good day! I am having the same issue. What ended up being the solution? Did they ever sort it out? I would be very interested to know if there is a fix.

Best Regards,

Options
2021-08-30 09:32:35

@wonkypaw 

Hi, Did you try the beta firmware here to see whether it could fix your issue:

[Solution] Deco M9 Plus satellite units flashing red after upgrading 1.5.1 firmware

If not, your case might be a little different, It would be highly be appreciated that you could start a new thread here with more details about your current issue.

Options
2021-08-30 10:07:02

@TP-Link 

Thank you for getting back to me! I will try the beta firmware soon (have there been any issues with the beta otherwise?) and get back to you.

Options