My range extender connected to main router but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-11 05:47:51
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I've done setup my wifi range extender (TL-WA860RE) and the signal LED is green. Which means it should be in good connection. But every time i try to connect to my extender, there's no internet connection. I've checked in the app and I found that my phone connected to the ext and the ext connected to the main router well. But still there's no connection. 

After several times i tried to reset the extender and re-setup my extender, sometimes it works. But there's no internet again later.

I'm sure that I use correct main router's password while setting up my extender.

Please tell me what should I do to fix this. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My range extender connected to main router but no internet
2021-07-15 06:09:37

@Thdrvn 

Thank you for your detailed information. 

Please ensure your TL-WA860RE is the on the latest firmware first: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa860re/#Firmware

May I know how about the signal Leds on RE when issue occurs? 

> If the WiFi Led(s) goes off when issue occurs, please locate RE closer to router and change a different WiFi channel of 2.4Ghzon router and see if that helps with the issue.

> If RE LEDs look normal when issue happen, please log in to Range extender's web page , turn on RE's DHCP and set up a static IP address for RE as FAQ below and see if that help with unstable issue:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2965/

Also make sure you have a stable Wi-Fi connection from the main router at RE's location.

If issue persists, please share with us the model of the main router;  the firmware (build) number of your RE, thank you. 

Options