AX10 with NowTV (or sky) MER option 61 needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-11 08:52:17 - last edited 2021-07-11 09:45:31
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all 

I have moved to NowTV and can no longer use my AX10 with my HG612 modem due to them (Sky/Now) requiring Option 61.

I don't want to bring my NowTV Hub Two into the equation as it will not work in modem only mode, so you are then forced to use AX10 as an AP which removes the parental features.

If only I could either have option 61 support on the AX10 OR be able to setup the AX10 to allow the parental controls to work with the NowTV Hub 2 then I'd be good.

I was looking at the Deco M4 to sort the problem, but I think I will end up in the same predicament.

TP link! Please enable Option 61

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX10 with NowTV (or sky) MER option 61 needed
2021-07-12 06:11:02

@WebTech 

Hi, just as you found, the Archer AX10 doesn't support Sky/NowTV MER DHCP option 61, neither Deco M4 supports that, we only have the DSL modem routers can work with that.

Even though the NowTV Hub Two cannot be changed into modem only mode, you can still configure the AX10 as a router, and connect them together, it's just there would be a double-NAT in the network, but you can use the advanced features on the AX10 in that way.

Options
2021-07-12 06:40:46

Thanks for the reply @Kevin_Z 

I have tried to set it up that way.

I figured to get the parental features properly I'd need the AX10 to perform DHCP and Wireless access and disable those on the NowTV Hub. And set the hub as the gateway and DNS on the AX10

I just don't seem to be able to get it to work though.

I understand that putting my AX10 in the DMZ of the NowTV Hub may stop the double NAT issue? I've not tried as I haven't got that far.

As soon as I get to AX10 doing DHCP and WiFi it refuses to serve internet to my devices.

Options
2021-07-12 07:31:59

@WebTech 

Step 1, ensure the internet works fine on the NowTV Hub, you can connect a computer directly to the NowTV Hub with an Ethernet cable, then check if you can access the internet (any special settings required?).

Step 2, connect the NowTV Hub to the AX10 like below:

NowTV Hub LAN----WAN of AX10

Choose Dynamic IP on the AX10 web interface WAN/Internet page if there is no special requirement in Step 1. Then connect a phone to the wireless of the AX10 to check if there is internet, no need to change any advanced settings on the AX10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 974

Replies: 3

Related Articles